I have to admit, I’m a little iffy naming this “the next big thing” – but that was what it was called. My twitter pal Larry Benjamin tagged me for this blog hop and I was honored to be involved. (I loved his What Binds Us.)
So my next ‘thing’ coming out is a novella I worked on this past year and will be published in spring ’13. So here are the questions from the Blog Hop!
1) What is the working title of your next book? DESTINY ON THE TRACKS
2) Where did the idea come from for the book? I had heard of a real-life train wreck in the early 1900s carrying a circus. I thought it would be great to tell the story asa M/M romance.
3) What genre does your book fall under? M/M Romance novella
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition? That’s a tough one. Sometimes I see actors in my head, but I like for readers to picture their own cast in their heads.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? A modern day playboy finds a chance at love after being haunted by a 1918 trapeze artist and mysteriously travels back in time to change his fate.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Dreamspinner Press will publish (and I’m excited to work with them).
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript? It took me about a month to write the first draft. I worked with an editor on it before submitting and will spend the next few months working with a Dreamspinner editor before it’s published in May/June ’13.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? People that love Somewhere in Time and Water for Elephants with a Brokeback Mountain twist will enjoy this!
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book? I wanted to write a real romance, but stay true to my style from my first novel, Missing. Hence I added the twist of the time travel element.
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest? I think people will enjoy the romance between the two men from two different times as well as the mystery of why Wheeler believes he is there to stop a train wreck from occurring.
So I’m tagging another author that you really need to check out! A wonderful writer with books out now and more to come!